POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Free 3D Modeller : RE: Free 3D Modeller Server Time
6 May 2024 13:28:35 EDT (-0400)
  RE: Free 3D Modeller
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 12 Jun 2002 20:20:16
Message: <3d07e540@news.povray.org>

3d07d340$1@news.povray.org...

> Animation:Master will export objects to POV, it is like a
> more powerful version of Hamapatch. Amapi will also
> export to POV. There was a free version of Amapi available
> but I don't know if it is anymore.

You can still get Amapi3D v4.15 for free at
http://amapi.idevgames.com/

I use basically Moray, Hamapatch, Poser, Poseray, the Gimp, Pov (for
scripting and rendering) and all macro and include files that fit in my
proyect. I think they make a great and powerful combination (and not
expensive at all).
There are also other utilities (all freeware) for specific purposes;
Anim8or, Biowin, Crossroads, Elefont, Lithunwrap,...
Now that I think about it, I got some programs obtained in magazines like
Amapi, Strata, Cinema 4D, 3DStudio3, Truespace, Imagine, Bryce, Real3D...,
but since I discovered Pov I almost never used them. I even have Maya
personal edition and haven't installed it yet. (I don't think I'll do it
anyway).
Maybe I have become a mad 3D collector.
See you.

Txemi Jendrix